- Position Type:
Career & Technical Education
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Performs a variety of clerical, secretarial and administrative functions as needed to support the PUSD CTE Strategic Plan, its programs, the leadership team and staff.
- Schedules a variety of meetings, conferences, interviews, in-services, workshops, and other activities, including logistical requirements and material/packet preparation.
- Makes travel arrangements and processes travel reimbursements.
- Drafts and prepares correspondence following directions of supervisor.
- Composes, prepares and assembles materials, such as routine correspondence, agendas, research, collects and compiles statistical, financial, or other diverse and specialized information including department policies and procedures.
- Oversees department budgets and grant management, including applications, amendments and completion reports. Sets up requisitions and purchase orders; secures quotes and other documentation as needed. Processes and submits invoices to Purchasing Department.
- Orders and maintains supplies as needed from various budget codes.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from staff, vendors, contract providers, contractors, parents, students, and the community.
- Processes and monitors a variety of confidential agreements, contracts, and applications.
- Schedules interviews, conducts reference checks, and processes payroll actions for department staff. Processes and edits weekly timesheets as required by payroll.
- Manages duties and time for special projects and department interns.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms control and budgetary requirements to implement change.
- Assists in the collection, organization and compilation of data required for federal and state reporting, including, but not limited to, Western Maricopa Programs of Study, West-MEC, Perkins, Priority, and other grants the department may apply for or have.
- Uses discretion and judgment while managing and providing training and resources for CTE data reporting for grants, Strategic Plan and Annual Program Analysis, including but not limited to, 40th and 100th Day reporting, exit surveys, net promoter surveys, graduate placement surveys, Participant and Concentrator reporting, performance measures, rates of retention, occupation reports, Annual Program Analysis and its data including Tactical Plans, CTE District Scoreboard and its data.
- Ensures CTE Programs have data, links and information for Annual Program Analysis, WestMEC/ADE TQI and Program improvement processes.
- Selects, makes employment recommendations, and supervises work of temporary workers for placement surveys and data projects.
- Supports CTE curriculum, instruction, professional development, trainings, data gathering and marketing efforts.
- Codes, files and disseminates time sheets.
- Maintains, updates and creates files, records and databases for department, including capital asset inventory, department portal, CTSOs, Advisory Commission and Council.
- Coordinates department and supervisor’s calendar and appointments.
- Coordinates West-MEC Application process and is Liaison between personnel from PUSD, West-MEC and CTE.
- Coordinates a variety or ad hob or special projects and fiscal responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service, general office operations, business office management, and records and database management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of the principles of Business English, grammar, spelling and preparation of correspondence.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping, accounting, and grant fund accounting.
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skilled in creating, preparing and managing a variety documents and reports for distribution.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skilled in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of hardware, software applications and peripheral office equipment.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: CTE Specialist
Supervisor: Director for CTE
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: Performs a variety of moderate to complex administrative, financial and secretarial support functions for the CTE department Director and assigned staff.
Essential Functions: as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: