Director of Education Technology Services & Training
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Why Choose Peoria Unified: Since 1889, Peoria Unified School District has grown to serve over 37,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees as one of Arizona’s largest districts. We cater to the unique learning style of every student, from preschool through high school. Our District prides itself on excelling schools, award-winning teachers, high test scores, career and technical education programs, specialized Choice Programs, free all-day kindergarten, and championship athletic programs. We have a 95% high school graduation rate and are proud to be the first district in the state to receive the prestigious AdvancED Accreditation. We achieve such benchmarks by fostering a diverse workforce which values different ideas, is inclusive of all employees, and by maintaining that great family-feel we are known for. Sound like a team you want to join? Then read on!
- Assumes leadership role in the orientation and in-service technology training for district personnel.
- Responsible for on-going management and operation of district web services including the PUSD Staff Portal, eCampus and other public and internal web sites.
- Assumes leadership role in the development of documentation for district computer applications.
- Works with schools to coordinate training and planning related to technology implementations and upgrades
- Coordinates calendar for Cholla Training Center.
- Assists in the development, review and implementation of PUSD Technology Policies.
- Assumes leadership role for technology research and development activities and reports findings to the Chief Strategic Planning and Technology Officer and the Chief Academic Services Officer.
- Assumes leadership role and day-to-day operations of district Internet filter and Filter Advisory Committee.
- Prepares and submits department budget requests.
- Provides and coordinates support for Education Technology implementations.
- Provides support and training for Information Systems and Network Operations implementations.
- Assumes responsibility for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Cholla Training Center training staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct supervision of Technology Training Specialists.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of technologies used for instruction and school district management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications.
- Experience in teaching technology staff development classes to teachers, administrators, and classified support staff.
- Ability to supervise staff and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all users and district staff.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Position Title : Director of Education Technology Services, & Training
Department: Information Management and Technology
Supervisor: Chief Strategic Planning and Technology Officer
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: Director I, Administrator Salary Schedule
Job Summary: General Responsibilities
This 12-month contract position reports to the Chief Strategic Planning and Technology Officer. Duties include organizing and administering technology training services for new and current district employees, coordinating training with the District Professional Development Office, maintaining public web services, and leading technology research and development efforts. The Director will foster the philosophy and assist in providing the vision of technology as an integral part of the educational process in Peoria Unified School District.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in education-related field. Master’s degree or higher preferred. Five years K-12 classroom teaching experience and/or staff development teaching experience.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
May be required to work outside normal working hours.
May be required to travel to perform work functions.