Family Resource Center Family Educator II
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
02/08/2021   Additional Information:
- Oversees day to day operations of Family Resource Center
- Coordinates and implements programming, to include parent-child interactions, parent workshops and events
- Creates a family-centered environment the provides helpful and accurate information and referral services to families with children ages birth to 5
- Coordinates with Referral Specialist to provide referral information for families
- Maintains liaisons with community and social service agencies
- Through researching and contacting social service agencies, assists in obtaining information to continually update available resources
- Maintains data for Family Resource Center Coordinator’s reports
- Facilitates evening and Saturday activities.
- Serves as point of contact for Family Resource Center
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of educational, economic, social, and health needs, customs and culture of minority families.
- Knowledge of functions of available community resources.
- Skill in providing oral and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, students, parents, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Well-developed observational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize own time in an effort to meet assigned situations and work demands
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
- Must be able to obtain Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- May be required to lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Family Resource Center Family Educator II
Department: Early Childhood
Supervisor: Family Resource Center Coordinator/Early Childhood Director
Salary Classification: Grade 14
Job Summary: Runs the day-to-day operations of the First Things First (FTF) Family Resource Center including, but not limited to, providing activities, workshops, and resources and referrals for parents, community collaboration, and development of staff.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, AA degree in early childhood education, social work or a related field preferred. Two years' experience in related work with families. Experience working with children birth to age five and their families is preferred.