Fixed Assets Accountant
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Plans, conducts and reconciles district-wide inventories including coordination and follow-up with site/department administration.
- Responsible for fixed assets data entry and asset disposals in accordance with statutory guidance and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable vouchers to stewardship assets and capitalized assets.
- Accounts for internally constructed assets.
- Conducts monthly and annual reconciliations related to asset acquisitions, disposals and Construction in Process including the generation of annual audit schedules.
- Provides assistance to other Business Services Departments on reconciliations, data analysis and accounting activities on an as needed basis.
- Conducts asset research, publishes and manages associated outcomes and recommendations.
- Manages the District’s surplus program.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of quality tools and models, benchmarking practices and techniques, statistics, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of reconciling functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications including Excel.
- Experience with Visions software and fixed asset databases is preferred.
- Ability to develop unique and innovative solutions to problems.
- Independent thinking with the ability to self-initiate: A critical thinker with the ability to focus on the things which matter most to achieving the desired outcome.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Fixed Assets Accountant
Department: Budget & Finance
Supervisor: Director of Business Services & Purchasing
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: The incumbent will assist in the business operations of the District by using data tracking systems to monitor and update the District’s fixed assets and inventory reconciliations and related financial statement reporting.
The incumbent will perform moderately complex analysis using financial and other related data. This individual will utilize the results of analysis to prepare standard and ad-hoc management reporting, develop proposed solutions to business problems, and communicate with other staff to gather information and research issues necessary to accomplish daily tasks.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Accounting degree preferred, minimum A.A. A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years working in an accounting/finance environment, preferably education, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.