Food Service Manager-Floater
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
02/08/2021   Additional Information:
- Leads the kitchen and personnel. Provides and/or recommends training. Coordinates schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, technical guidance. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Reviews planned menus, schedules and related requirements. Oversees removal of food supplies, products, seasonings and other items necessary from inventory. As required, initiates purchase and/or restocking of supplies and materials. Assigns, plans and supervises food preparation work. Performs a variety of food preparation tasks. Read and calculate recipes, and cut, chop, measure and prepare foods, food products and related items accordingly.
- Reviews and monitors food service lines. Observes operations and activities. Works with cooks and others to keep food available, stored and served at the correct temperature and in monitoring student portions.
- Reviews student eligibility for free or reduced cost meals. Maintains updated records and confidentiality of student eligibility.
- Directs and participates in cleaning and sanitation to kitchen, food preparation and other relevant areas. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen, food trays, kitchen utensils, floors, work stations, tables and other food service/cafeteria areas. Mops, uses the autoscrubber and takes out trash. Breaks down tables after service. Determines compliance to established and required practices and procedures.
- Prepares food production worksheets. Reviews past records and files. Determines appropriate amount of food products, service and related items to be ordered.
- As required, oversees and performs a variety of duties associated with handling, collecting, verifying, reconciling and/or depositing cash, receipts and other forms of payment received
- Reviews food products delivered. Determines adherence with and compliance to quantity and quality of product ordered. As required, initiates process to return unusable and/or unwanted products and supplies.
- Oversees and assists with food products and supply storage. Updates files and records of products received and products utilized
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control
- Knowledge of nutrition standards and guidelines
- Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures
- Skill in following written formulas, recipes, and related cooking instructions
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district Skill in basic addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must be able to obtain within one month of employment and maintain a Certified Food Service Manager’s card
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, food and/or service products and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to extreme temperature shifts while working in a kitchen and/or freezer.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
Position Title: Food Service Receiving Kitchen Manager-Floater
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Supervisor: Director of Food & Nutrition Services
Term of Employment: 9.5 months
Salary Classification: 11
Job Summary: Oversees, manages and supervises the operation and distribution of a variety of foods, food services and related kitchen functions for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: