Food Service-Student Worker
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ   PPosition Title:Student Worker Food Service Assistant
- Primarily works serving meals during lunch periods.
- Performs a variety of food preparation tasks. Cuts, chops, measures and prepares foods, food products and related items. Carries food trays to serving line. Monitors serving line for replacement of food trays. Retrieves refills and returns food trays to serving line.
- Cleans and breaks down tables after lunch. May remove trash during lunch.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen, kitchen utensils, work stations, tables and other food service cafeteria areas.
- Cleans and mops kitchen and multipurpose room floors.
- Assists in putting away food deliveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principals of customer service
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statues, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals and infectious disease
- Must be able to obtain within one month of employment and maintain a State of Arizona Food Handler’s Permit
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
Department: Food and Nutrition
Supervisor: Kitchen Manager
Term of Employment: Varies
Salary Classification: $12.00 per hour
Job Summary: Provides and performs a variety of tasks in the preparation and serving of food, clean up and operation of a school cafeteria.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: