KidZone Summer Lead Site Supervisor
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
04/15/2022   Additional Information:
- Establish & maintain a good rapport with students, employees & community.
- Plan and implement a variety of hands-on, engaging and developmentally appropriate activities for children.
- Supervise children and maintain ratios determined by Arizona Department of Health Services to ensure the safety of students.
- Ensure that all Department of Health Services regulations are maintained.
- Maintain program and site documentation as required by Arizona Department of Health Services
- Provide consistent communication and maintain positive rapport with families.
- Maintain consistent communication with program facilitators and director.
- Collaborate and communicate with staff to meet the needs of all children.
- Assist in the training of new program associates on district policies and Department of Health Services licensing regulations.
- Open and close the campus and classroom as directed by campus administration.
- Make sure that site and activities are prepared prior to children’s arrival.
- Prepare necessary substitute information in case of an absence.
- Provide direction and feedback, as needed, to promote associate growth.
- Maintain necessary certifications, such as CPR and First Aid, food handler’s card and fingerprint clearance card.
- Administer first aid when necessary.
- Communicate supply needs to facilitator in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain an inventory of equipment at the site.
- Cultivate supportive relationships with the staff of the host school.
- Annually complete a minimum of 18 verifiable hours of approved training per Department of Health Services regulations.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Support staff with student behaviors
- Contact families to communicate as needed
- Organize and support vendors as needed
- Complete documentation as needed
- Support staff with schedules and breaks, as needed
- Support staff by helping to brainstorm and problem solve as problems arise throughout the day
- Communicate with the program director, as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must meet staff qualifications to be a facilities director under Section R9-5-401 of the Arizona Administrative Code. Applicant must provide written documentation of one of the following:
- High school or high school equivalency diploma & completion of at least 6 credit hours in early childhood, child development or closely related field in an accredited college or university or 60 actual hours of instruction.
- N.A.C., C.D.A., C.C.P, or C.P.C. credential & at least 18 months of childcare experience;
- Minimum of 24 credit hours from an accredited college or university, including at least 6 credit hours of course work in the areas of early childhood, child development, or closely related field & 18 months of childcare experience.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related filed & 6 months of childcare experience.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field & 3 months of childcare experience.
- Background in recreation, arts & crafts, sports, education or related fields.
- Have experience with school age children in a group setting.
- Hold current first aid & CPR certification or be able to obtain within 30 days.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Arizona Department of Health Services Childcare regulations
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- Provide documentation of a negative Mantoux TB test.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
Position Title: KidZone Summer Lead Site Supervisor
Supervisor: KidZone Program Facilitator
Term of Employment: Temporary- Summer only
Salary Classification: 12
Job Summary: Provides a positive atmosphere that is conducive to learning and relates to students in an empathetic, respectful, and consistent manner.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: Decisions regarding appropriate and reasonable accommodation(s) will be based upon the merits of each situation. The principle criteria will be that of effectiveness and safety.