Kitchen Manager, High School
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
08/14/2020   Position Title: Food Service Kitchen Manager, High School
- Leads the work unit and personnel. Provides and/or recommends training. Coordinates schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, technical guidance. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Assigns, plans and supervises food preparation work. Reviews planned menus, schedules and related requirements. Oversees removal of food supplies, products, seasonings and other items necessary from inventory. As required, initiates purchase and/or restocking of supplies and materials.
- Directs and/or participates in cleaning and sanitation to kitchen, food preparation and other relevant areas.
- Determines compliance to established and required practices and procedures.
- Reviews and monitors food service lines. Observes operations and activities. Works with cooks and others to keep food available, stored and served at the correct temperature and in monitoring student portions. Reviews student eligibility for free or reduced cost meals.
- Prepares food production worksheets. Reviews past records and files. Determines appropriate amount of food products, service and related items to be ordered.
- As required, oversees and performs a variety of duties associated with handling, collecting, verifying, reconciling and/or depositing cash, receipts and other forms of payment received.
- Reviews food products delivered. Determines adherence with and compliance to quantity and quality of product ordered. As required, initiates process to return unusable and/or unwanted products and supplies.
- Oversees and assists with food products and supply storage. Updates files and records of products received and products utilized.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Knowledge of nutrition standards and guidelines.
- Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures
- Skill in identifying nutrition needs and guidelines.
- Skill in following written formulas, recipes, and related cooking instructions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain within one month of employment and maintain a Certified Food Service Manager’s card.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, food and/or service products and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to extreme temperature shifts while working in a kitchen and/or freezer.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Supervisor: Director of Food & Nutrition Services
Term of Employment: 9.5 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: Oversees, manages and supervises the operation and distribution of a variety of foods, food services and related kitchen functions for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED AND five (5) years of relevant, progressively responsible food service preparation, cooking, baking, kitchen management or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.