Lead Door Hardware
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
11/19/2022   Additional Information:
- Receives work orders and project assignments. Evaluates and prioritizes work orders. Identifies, collects and/or orders necessary tools, parts, equipment, materials, and personnel. Responds to calls for assistance related to lock / door problems.
- Identifies and evaluates lock shop needs and requirements. Arranges schedules, resources, materials, and supplies required to complete projects. Coordinates work with contractors, vendors, and other trades assigned to project.
- Assists site administration with planning for site projects. Reviews site plans, Contacts vendors to purchase supplies, order parts, to receive technical assistance or specifications on products.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of level electrician practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of file and records management, purchasing and inventory control.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding, and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and undertaking repairs, maintenance and installation of electrical systems, circuits, and components.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of hand and power tools and equipment for in-shop and on-site repairs.
- Skill in maintaining records of parts inventory, maintenance, repair, and installation.
- Skill in reading, understanding, and preparing blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- Skill in monitoring and complying with occupational safety and health regulations applicable to construction and electrical trade standards and codes.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess an IVP Fingerprint Card and pass a background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to obtain and maintain an Arizona Electrician License with applicable certifications.
- May be required to perform electrical services and repairs while standing, stooping, bending, crawling, and working overhead or in trenches.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts, and materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, and hazardous chemicals and fumes.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Lead Door Hardware
Department: Maintenance Department
Supervisor: Supervisor of District Maintenance Services
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 19
Job Summary: Performs a variety of skilled level door and lock services for Peoria Unified School District facilities and grounds.
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: