Preschool Instructional Assistant
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Parkridge Elementary - Peoria, AZ   Position Title: Preschool Instructional Assistant
- Assist the classroom teacher with instruction and duties.
- Establish a supportive relationship with students and parents to enhance their educational experiences.
- Prepare learning materials as needed.
- Assist the teacher with record keeping, attendance, and home visits.
- Attend monthly Community School Partnership staff and staff development meetings.
- Attend monthly Parent Connection meetings in teacher’s absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language-
- Ability to learn special methods and procedures for working with young students and their parents.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license, and have a good driving record.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, and co-workers
- Must have Mantoux TB test and Food Handlers card prior to beginning employment.
- Must be able to complete CPR training and certification course.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background clearance checks as a condition of employment.
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: The person assists the classroom teacher with teaching experiences and under the direction of the teacher provides support in the daily activities. The person must be able to follow basic instruction and direction in the performance of the duties including record keeping and preparing learning materials.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: