- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
02/24/2020   Position Title: Principal, Elementary
- Serves as the instructional leader of the school’s academic programs.
- Conducts direct and frequent observations of the instructional programs and provides feedback for growth and development of team.
- Establishes concrete goals and expectations that all students meet them based on the analysis of student achievement data.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness for curriculum alignment, instructional strategies, implementation, and assessment.
- Responsible for the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of all school personnel.
- Responsible for a master schedule of classes within established guidelines to meet student needs.
- Maintains acceptable accounting practices for various funds generated by student activities.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and directs all school sponsored activities, functions, and athletic events.
- Assures school’s compliance with state and federal laws.
- Responsible and accountable for sound fiscal management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student learning.
- Ability to prioritize school issues.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written form.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Current possession or eligibility prior to appointment for an Arizona Principal Certificate.
- Possess a valid fingerprint clearance card, and pass a background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
Department: Education Services
Supervisor: Executive Director for Elementary Education
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: Administrative Salary Schedule
Job Summary: This position directly supervises the teachers and staff members assigned to his/her school using leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to promote the educational development of each of his/her students. A significant emphasis is focused on knowledge of student instruction and learning assessment.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education and a minimum of three years’ experience as a teacher or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.