- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Design evaluation protocols, implement evaluations and oversee data collection and data analysis of district programs and staff
- Create a review process to evaluate the effectiveness of programs, document strengths and weaknesses of programs and make recommendations for improving success
- Organize, analyze, interpret, synthesize, and summarize data from subject evaluation studies and present valid content summaries for school and district level administrators
- Develop the capacity of district staff and administrators to participate in evaluation activities
- Perform advanced data analysis and critical analysis and interpretation of data
- Compile information from external sources (i.e., federal, state, and local governmental agencies, etc.) for benchmarking purposes and for use by district administrators
- Design and conduct studies to assess implementation and/or impact, provide information, determine costs and benefits and develop courses of action
- Provide guidance and consultation on appropriate evaluation models and methodologies in support of program decision-making, development, and improvement
- Participate in, write, and conduct grant evaluations and applications; write analytical reports
- Design, conduct, analyze and report evaluation and research surveys
- Conduct professional development meetings and activities in research and evaluation
- Prepare various documents to provide written support and/or convey information to district personnel and/or local, state, and federal agencies
- Research areas of importance to the district using internal data and/or external sources
- Respond to in-district and out-of-district inquiries for data for various student populations
- Conduct research and evaluations for other departments, i.e., Career and Technical Education, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Title I
- Contribute to the development and utilization of the district data warehouse as needed
- Provide training on the proper and effective use of data analysis, Visions and Synergy as it relates to evaluation and research activities
- Participate in conferences, workshops, and meetings to provide and/or receive information
- Supervise and train technical and non-technical staff on a project basis
- Formal training and experience in program evaluation, applied research and statistics
- Evidence of ability to effectively design and implement methods and procedures for the analysis and critical review of data and programs
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating data collection activities with technical and nontechnical personnel
- Experience with large and small-scale data collection, analysis and educational
- Evidence of ability to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to write and present research reports, articles, and papers pertinent to the subject matter for all levels and types of audiences and in a timely manner
- Knowledge of the day-to-day functions of school and district operations.
- Skills in customer service principles, responding to calls and emails from various stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and statistical research software such as SPSS, SAS, or R.
- Knowledge of specialized equipment relevant to the area of assignment.
- Skills in modern office technology and applications.
- Skills in planning and facilitating training for various employee groups.
- Effective time management and critical thinking skills.
- Skills in performing basic original research, compiling, assembling, and maintaining data and documentation.
- Skills in writing and revising manuals and documents.
- Knowledge in interpreting and applying applicable policies, laws, codes, regulations, and standards.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Skills in utilizing communication and people skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to provide or receive work direction.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Program EvaluatorSupervisor: Director of Research & Planning
Department: Research & Planning
Department: Research & Planning
Salary Classification: Classified Exempt – Grade 14 Grant Funded Position reviewed yearly
Job Summary: This position will conduct the evaluation and research activities of school and District programs and activities; to develop evaluation designs and instrumentation to determine program effectiveness and assess alternatives; to prepare and disseminate research findings and recommendations to District decision makers, to conduct relevant literature searched and to design and conduct survey research.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Degree in a program of study incorporating statistical and research methodology in social sciences or equivalent work experience. Evidence of substantial knowledge of research and assessment in K-12 education at the local, state, and national levels. Experience developing, delivering training and professional development.