Purchasing Card Accounting Clerk
- Position Type:
District Support/Accounts Payable
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Processes documents and materials related to the Purchasing Card program, for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties and meeting the district’s program requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a continuous internal program to safeguard against over expenditure of any purchasing card purchase.
- Review and processes new account information records establishes and monitors card eligibility; helps determine appropriate spending limits, account codes and other relevant parameters.
- Maintains related records and data, e.g., copies of cardholder applications and a master list of card numbers by site/location.
- Develops and conducts frequent related meetings and training, e.g., cardholder training sessions and meetings for site/campus Purchasing Card Liaison and Administrator meetings.
- Establishes and maintains District-wide communications; develops and distributes electronic and paper materials and reports, e.g., program literature and reports.
- Assists in development, revision and enforcement of related procedures; resolves related problems.
- Serves as primary contact for cardholders and as a liaison between cardholders and financial institutions.
- Ensures that accurate, complete and prompt payment is made to financial institutions upon receipt of the monthly statement; assures that cardholder expenditures are posted to the appropriate general ledger account codes accurately and promptly.
- Collects related reports and data (e.g. monthly transaction logs and related purchase documentation) and assures audit program compliance; notifies cardholders’ liaisons and managers of non-compliance issues and assists in enforcing compliance.
- Provides suggestions to appropriate staff on ways to improve the program; develops, revises and maintains related documentation, e.g., a procedural manual.
- Participate with school officials to ensure compliance in following the policies according to the Arizona Revised Statutes and the Uniform System of Financial Records for Purchasing Cards usage.
- Attends meetings and workshops for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information required to perform functions.
- Communicates with internal and external parties (e.g. district staff, direct service providers) for the purpose of ensuring accurate processing of statements.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with mandated requirements, and/or monitoring program components.
- Performs record keeping and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. answering phones, arranges meetings, coordinates mass mailings, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the Purchasing Card program.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. correspondence, audit reports, monthly purchasing card statements, lists of trained participants, tracking data, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Training staff in appropriate Purchasing Card policies and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Assists when needed with inputting invoices, and receipts into computer programs. Checks forms and records for accuracy.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective function of the department.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to keyboard/type 40 WPM and use the 10-key calculator by touch.
- Ability to handle busy telephones and deal effectively and positively with vendors and school/district personnel.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Purchasing Card Accounting Clerk
Department: Business Services
Supervisor: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 Month
Salary Classification: 11
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist in the administration of the Purchasing Card Program for the District by using available financial resources to help provide the best customer service.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years’ verifiable accounting and computer experience, preferably in a Purchasing Card environment, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.