Secretary, High School
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Secretary
- Date Posted:
Cactus High School - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
06/30/2020   Position Title: Secretary, High School
- Performs a variety of clerical, secretarial and administrative functions for department staff. Schedules meetings, conferences, interviews, in services and workshops. Makes travel arrangements and processes expenditures. Prepares correspondence following instructions of supervisor. Maintains schedule of appointments. Sends and receives correspondence and memorandum. Places, screens and forwards telephone calls for the department and supervisor.
- Coordinates, schedules, and prioritizes assigned tasks and projects. Provides feedback, direction and guidance to staff. Communicates new or revised information to personnel.
- Prepares agendas, presentations and informational packets for Board, in services and committee meetings, training and conferences. Coordinates a variety of annual or special projects, home bound teacher assignments, vision and hearing testing, site coordination and field trips.
- Develops summaries related to employee issues, salary schedule calculations, projections and capital expenditures. Maintains and tracks records of funds collected and deposited. Processes requisitions and purchase orders. Orders, maintains, stores and distributes office supplies. Obtains estimates and arranges orders for printing and copying.
- Maintains personnel files. Schedules interviews, conducts reference checks, processes payroll actions, and maintains attendance, payroll records and time sheets. Tracks testing requests, data entry of scores, score conversions, evaluation and renewal dates for evaluations, testing, contracts and agreements.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, vendors, contract providers, contractors, parents, students and the community. Maintains and updates files, records and databases for assigned program or department. Processes and monitors a variety of agreements, contracts, and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge in MUNIS, KRONOS, TOM, School Messenger, Pinnacle and AESOP
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service, general office, business English, grammar, punctuation, files, records and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of fiscal accounting, monitoring and tracking budgets.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in preparing and managing a variety of informational, educational and training materials and reports for distribution.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of hardware, software applications and peripheral office equipment.
- Must be able to type minimum 55 wpm
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
Department: Varies according to assignment
Supervisor: Administrators, Principal and Assistant Principal
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: Performs a variety of standard clerical duties and secretarial support functions for a department or program administrator and assigned staff.
Essential Functions: as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A High School Diploma or GED, AND one (1) year of administrative and secretarial experience in a professional office; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.