- Position Type:
Apply for 2018-2019 School Year/IMT
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED   Position Title: Senior Developer
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach and motivate team to achieve optimum performance. Monitor and conduct performance management reviews of direct reports
- Provide guidance to development staff.
- Maintain and document source control.
- Sets coding standards and conducts code reviews.
- Prioritizes and escalates project issues and concerns appropriately.
- Collects and documents program specifications that a) indicate program parameters and capabilities, b) define internal controls, and c) identify database files.
- Works closely with users to determine their precise needs in developing and/or modifying systems/programs to meet those needs; maintains communication with departmental personnel to ensure satisfaction with information systems reporting.
- Designs logic for programs/systems; tests programs/ systems; and assures documentation of programs/systems.
- Codes at the Enterprise Level, utilizing advanced programming techniques, logic flow, and data file processing features such as record locking, commitment control and security control.
- Provide effective, routine stakeholder communications throughout the course of the project.
- Provide user support for purchased software applications; develops accurate and efficient solutions to data processing/reporting needs outside the normal scope of purchased software applications; and reports errors, omissions and software issues to the vendor.
- Provide programs for data exchange between systems/programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Sound understanding of the following:
- Programming languages: .Net languages, C#, Visual Basic, Java Script
- Operating systems: Windows 7 and up and 2008 server and up
- Development Tools: Visual Studio .Net and Reporting Services
- Experience with source controls tools such as TFS
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Databases: Microsoft SQL, MySQL
- Knowledge of Active Directory and authentication process
- Skilled in software development best practices, including setting coding standards, conducting code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational support.
- Knowledge of principles of computer programming, systems analysis and database management methods and techniques
- Knowledge of a variety of software and hardware data processing and application programs utilized in the Peoria Unified School District
- Knowledge of the tools and equipment utilized in computer installation, configuration and maintenance
- Skill in reading, interpreting and understanding technical program manuals
- Skill in analyzing and diagnosing computer systems and problems and in developing, testing, documenting and implementing systems and software corrections and solutions
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in performing database administration is highly desired
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Works independently and able to set priorities.
- Possesses AZ driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Able to perform physical activity and lift minimum of 50 lbs with no assistance.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to sit for extended periods with vision to monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
- May be required to obtain and maintain computer certifications in multiple areas.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Department: Information Systems
Supervisor: Director of Information Systems
Term of Employment: 12 month
Salary Classification: Supervisory 9
Job Summary: Provide leadership and guidance to development team. Provide input to management on best practices in development and data security. Analyze, design, create, test and implement new software programs/systems and modify existing software programs/systems to meet current and future information technology needs for the Peoria Unified School District environment.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.