- Position Type:
District Maintenance/Custodial/Skilled Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Repairs and maintains sprinkler/drip systems.
- Repairs and installs irrigation clocks/timers.
- Repairs and installs irrigation valves and solenoids.
- Install and repair sprinklers and broken water lines.
- Maintain irrigation tools and equipment to be ready for each work day.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable grants management.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Knowledge of care and operation of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in following written and verbal directions.
- Skill in communicating with District and site staff members.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
Position Title: Sprinkler TechnicianDepartment: District Maintenance
Supervisor: District Maintenance Grounds Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 12Job Summary: Performs a variety of irrigation/sprinkler/drip systems maintenance for all Peoria Unified School District sites.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year of grounds irrigation repair and installation.