Temporary Office Assistant
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Greets visitors, answers telephone, directs calls, takes messages, and/or provides general information to callers and visitors.
- Receives, date stamps and distributes mail, packages, bulletins, and flyers.
- Compiles, maintains, updates, monitors, tracks, and researches a variety of files, records and databases.
- Sets up files, requests records and verifies information.
- Maintains and troubleshoots office equipment or contacts vendor for contract or warranty services.
- Tracks and reports trip reduction and ride share participation.
- Prepares agendas, meeting minutes, contracts, and formal documents.
- Edits and proofreads staff written reports, documents, or memoranda for grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential files, records, and database management.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge in KRONOS, Edulog, and Synergy.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in verbal and written communications, business English, grammar, and punctuation.
- Skill in maintaining office areas and equipment in clean professional manner.
- Skill in utilizing problem solving and customer service techniques to direct, inform or resolve issues for visitors and staff.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, and other items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Position Title: Office Assistant, Transportation
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: Provides a variety of clerical and receptionist office support services for the operation of assigned school or program.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2) years of relevant receptionist, clerical, customer service, office support or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.