Title I Behavior Interventionist **2020-2021 SY
- Position Type:
Related Services/Behavior Interventionist
- Date Posted:
Alta Loma Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
09/30/2020   Additional Information:
- Act as a resource to the Child Study Team, Problem Solving Team, and District Threat Assessment Team for a student who exhibits social/emotional/behavioral difficulties.
- Completes classroom observations for students exhibiting social/emotional/behavioral needs.
- Assists the general education teacher in supporting students that exhibit social/emotional/behavioral needs within the general education setting.
- Participates as a member of the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) to determine if a student has social/emotional/behavioral needs or meets eligibility criteria.
- Participates in Individual Education Plan (IEP) team meetings to collaborate on initial, annual, and review IEPs for a student with social/emotional/behavioral needs.
- Implements and provides the related services of social/emotional/behavioral support written in students’ IEPs.
- Consults and/or writes contracts or Behavior Intervention Plans and conducts fidelity checks.
- Assists teachers and staff in implementation of contracts or Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Consults with administration and staff on alternatives to suspension.
- Conducts, participates and collaborates on Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA).
- Monitors progress toward behavior goals in the frequency indicated on the IEPs and provides communication to students’ parents/guardians (at least quarterly) as required by IDEIA.
- Completes and updates census information on an ongoing basis.
- Attends required Psychologist team meetings and trainings.
- Works with school staff to establish a schedule to provide student services.
- Creates a safe environment conducive to student learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Special Education Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Knowledge of best practices in implementing behavioral interventions.
- Skill in working with multiple sites and administrators.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in self-reflection to monitor and adjust behavior programs as needed.
- Skill in operating a personal computer/tablet, utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to restrain students using approved techniques.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must be able to pass classes in and get a current certification in CPI, First Aid, CPR and Medicaid billing.
Position Title: Behavior Interventionist
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Principal and/or Directors of Special Education
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: Provides consultation, participates in developing Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans, designs interventions, and provides related services and supports to students who have behavioral needs in the school setting. The Behavior Interventionist provides supports to school teams throughout the multi-tiered system of supports. They also collect data and provide community resources to parents as team members.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: