Mission, Vision and Values
Every student, every day, prepared to shape tomorrow.
The Peoria Unified School District prepares every student for a successful future as a responsible citizen who actively contributes to society, the community and the workforce.
The Mission is achieved by:
- Creating, maintaining and delivering quality curriculum and instruction that meets the needs of all students for the 21st Century and beyond.
- Providing experience-based, innovative, individualized learning that meets the needs of every student.
- Facilitating access to quality staff, technology, resources and instruction.
- Prioritizing relationships and focusing on the safety and social and emotional well-being of students and staff.
- Implementing and sustaining effective stewardship of community resources.
- Fostering a culture of active community engagement and inclusiveness.
The Values of the Peoria Unified School District are grounded in our focus on people; students, staff, parents, and community members. These Values shape behavior and drive us to achieve our shared Vision and Mission.
- Integrity: Our consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principals is illustrated through our words and behavior.
- Collaboration: Our collective capacity requires active engagement, meaningful inclusiveness, and trust among stakeholders.
- Excellence: Our actions are driven by clarity of purpose, a focus on results, and an unwavering commitment to continuous improvement.
- Equity: Our behaviors are informed through opportunities that ensure equitable access for all staff and students to be successful.